- Mall of America – located in Bloomington, Minnesota, with over 5.6 million square feet of retail space.
- King of Prussia Mall – located in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, with over 2.9 million square feet of retail space.
- Aventura Mall – located in Aventura, Florida, with over 2.8 million square feet of retail space.
- South Coast Plaza – located in Costa Mesa, California, with over 2.8 million square feet of retail space.
- Destiny USA – located in Syracuse, New York, with over 2.4 million square feet of retail space.
As a comparison, the Perimeter in Sandy Springs/Atlanta, on the top end just north of the outer loop has a retail space of 1.6 million square feet, and anchor tenants like Nordstrom, Von Maur, Dillard’s, Macy’s and Target. Perimeter mall is also surrounded by a rich variety of strip mall shopping, such as Best Buy, Old Navy and an REI camping store.
The Perimeter also has a Cheesecake Factory.
At 1.2 million square feet, Stonecrest is also a mega mall. And with the addition of Seaquest Stonecrest the mall is moving in modern new directions to diversify and add creative spaces and memorable experiences to the Stonecrest Mall.
Stonecrest is also surrounded by other shopping, one most interesting thing is the Nalley car complex, featuring new car dealers offering Kia, Hyundai and Toyota. They also have the largest number of used cars on the lot within 20 miles. The Black Wall Street Market is in the old Target building and adds another large swath of retail square footage to the totals.
Other new mall ventures include a MMA Fight & Fitness Gym, and at least two beauty spas. Stonecrest Resorts is the company leading up attracting some of these amazing ideas to the mall area, and one of the ventures talked about is with Wyndham.
Already present northwest of the mall, the Wyndham Americinn is a remaining hotel, doing well, after the City of Stonecrest and Mayor Lary had to get the ugly remnants of failed construction removed from the area. What’s really excited is the TRYP by Wyndham, which will be a higher end hotel, and it is being developed according to Wyndham’s BOLD initiative. (Black Ownership & Lodging Development)
Find out more at Atlanta.Urbanize.City
Leave a Reply