Between, Georgia, according to Wikipedia, “The first permanent settlement at Between was made in the 1850s. Between was incorporated in 1908 by an act of the Georgia General Assembly”
The population in 2019 was 373 people.
The main crossroads in Between are Highway 78 and New Hope Church Road, where there is a Marathon gas station. Also nearby is Dinner in a Dash, which sells pre made meals on Thursdays, available for pickup, convenient for the elderly and busy families.
Also nearby are Walton County facilities, including a Department of Motor Vehicles (Georgia Department of Driver Services) location on near by Heritage Parkway. This is across the street from Heritage Pines Disc Golf Course.
Even residents argue about whether Between is half way between Athens and Atlanta, or half way between the two largest municipalities in Walton County, Loganville and Monroe, Georgia. As a central spot in Walton County, Between is also home to the centrally located Walton County Fire and Rescue Station Number 2.
Just outside of Between, on the west side of town, less than a quarter mile out is a really big BP station and a Dollar General store, at the corner of Highway 78 and Lee Peters Road.
Frisbee golf, also known as disc golf, is a game that is similar to traditional golf but instead of using clubs and golf balls, players use specialized flying discs (Frisbees). The objective of the game is to complete a course in as few throws as possible. Here are the basic steps to play frisbee golf:
- Find a frisbee golf course: Locate a frisbee golf course near you. Many parks and recreation areas have frisbee golf courses.
- Get a frisbee: You will need at least one frisbee to play the game. There are different types of frisbees available for different skill levels, so choose one that suits your experience level.
- Learn the rules: Familiarize yourself with the rules of the game. Each course has its own set of rules, so make sure to read them before you start playing.
- Tee-off: Just like traditional golf, players start from a tee area. Throw your frisbee towards the basket or target. The number of throws it takes to reach the basket or target is counted as your score for that hole.
- Keep score: During play, count the number of throws it takes you to get the frisbee into the basket or target. Keep track of your score for each hole.
- Finish the course: Play each hole until you reach the end of the course. The player with the lowest score at the end of the game wins.